Monday, September 05, 2011

A Month Back in the City

Hi, everyone and anyone who has been patiently checking this site.

August raced to a close, and sabbatical time has ended. I had looked forward to seeing beloved congregants, students, and spiritual companions -- all of whom I wished could have been with us for the best of our Israel time. The return has been extraordinarily beautiful, warm, and inspiring.

It's been a while since we posted. I could not have imagined how difficult it would be to manage both the deep sadness of leaving Israel and the exhaustion we felt upon our arrival back in the city.These have been days of soul-searching, intense learning, and a determined effort to apply complex lessons learned over the last three months.

I wanted to thank you for following our Israel journey and also ask whether you had any interest in continuing this exchange, which has been enormously rewarding. (I confess to being astonished by the number of hits on our site.) I'd like to keep the promise we made to continue sharing the reflections on our time in Israel which we simply had no time to post.

If you are interested, please use the "Comment" feature to let me know -- it would be a pleasure to continue.

I hope you have had a wonderful season -- it seems we missed most of the first Winnipeg summer in memory to have been virtually mosquito-free.

Yours,

Rabbi Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment